U.S. Polo Assn.
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in driving for sales and company defined metric results, for managing the store service culture, and for directing staff to maintain high standards in presentation, back of house organization, and for delivering overall consistent operational execution. The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager’s recruiting and training strategies to develop a productive team that is focused on providing great customer service while maintaining superior store standards.
· Holds Store team and Self, accountable to all established standards of performance and behavior. Models and manages effective supervision to drive sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and store standards.
· Reviews associate schedule to ensure maximum sales floor coverage during key business times.
· Drives store team to achieve all business goals. Achieves all store financial, revenue and expense targets. Monitors daily and weekly sales; analyzes reports to ensure monthly sales budget is achieved.
· Supports Store Manager’s recruitment strategy by effectively sourcing, recruiting, selecting and help on-board all management and non-exempt store personnel.
· With Store Manager, maintains optimal staffing levels to ensure business needs are obtained while promoting associate retention.
· Promotes maximum team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback. Drives in-store performance management processes.
· Partners with Store Manager to create individual development plans that support performance needs and career growth for self and direct reports.
· Recognizes superior performance of direct reports with private and public recognition and appreciation
· Assigns projects and tasks appropriately to enhance the general management skills of direct reports.
· Manages new receipts within established receiving practices and ensures timely processing of all related paperwork
· Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies as established by the US Polo Assn.
· Responds to all Company and District communication in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance to all Federal, State, and US Polo Assn. employment requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
· Proven performance management skills
· Demonstrated high level of integrity
· Maintain flexibility in a fast paced high-energy environment
· Team oriented and collaborative
· Able to receive and adapt to direction and feedback when appropriate
· Established time management prioritization and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead functional teams to deliver results
· Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
· One to three years of retail management experience preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store personnel
· Maneuver effectively around sales floor, stock room and office
· Be able to lift 30lbs
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts
· Overnight travel occasionally required
Please email Resume and job inquiry to JobElmhurst@USRetailStores.com
specify which position you’re applying for in the subject line. You will
be contacted if your qualifications align with the immediate store need to
schedule an interview.